Please note that the popularity of songs can vary over time, and new hits may have emerged since then. Here are a few African artists who have been making waves globally:
- Burna Boy (Nigeria): Burna Boy’s album “Twice as Tall” released in 2020 received critical acclaim and propelled him to international stardom. The album won the Best Global Music Album category at the 63rd Grammy Awards in 2021, and songs like “Way Too Big” and “Onyeka” garnered significant attention.
- Wizkid (Nigeria): Wizkid gained international recognition with his collaboration with Drake on the hit song “One Dance” in 2016. Since then, he has continued to release successful tracks. In 2021, his collaboration with Tems, “Essence,” gained global popularity and became a chart-topping hit.
- Master KG (South Africa): Master KG’s song “Jerusalema” featuring Nomcebo Zikode became a global phenomenon in 2020. The catchy track, along with its dance challenge, gained immense popularity and topped charts in various countries.
- Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania): Diamond Platnumz is a renowned artist from Tanzania who has consistently released hit songs. His tracks like “Jeje,” “Baba Lao,” and “Waah!” featuring Koffi Olomide have gained significant international attention.
- Fally Ipupa (Democratic Republic of Congo): Fally Ipupa is a Congolese artist known for his unique blend of Congolese rumba, soukous, and afrobeat. His song “Juste une danse” released in 2020 became popular worldwide.
Please keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other talented African artists who have produced hit songs during the mentioned period. Exploring music charts, streaming platforms, and following African music news can provide you with the latest information on popular African songs.